This final part of my series is going to be a bit of a hot mess, but stick with me here!
I have so many YouTubers that I watch when I want inspiration and I often have my Watch Later playlist on YouTube on in the background while I write. Here are just a couple:
- Gabby is so sweet and genuine and my age (which I love in a YouTuber). She has such good taste and her vlogs are so fun I can watch them over and over again just to have background noise.
- Guilty pleasure. I feel like everyone at least secretly likes Zoella, she's so accomplished and makes me feel like I can do anything I try to do.
- Kristee Vetter / strawberryelectric48
- She goes to college at a place that I applied to and seriously considered going to. She's my age and just vlogs her real life experience. She also went around the world on Semester At Sea recently and her videos from that experience are so interesting and captivating that I love watching them.
- Random YouTube videos including Journal Flip Throughs and Journaling supply videos (WhittyNovels, PiinkSparkles, etc.). And day in the life type videos of people who are in similar situations as some characters in whatever I'm writing (OKBaby, SprinkleOfGlitter, BitsAndClips, etc.).
- Harry Potter
- Including Cursed Child, which I'm currently reading and loving!
- To Kill A Mockingbird
- People hate this book. I read it at least once a year. Reading this book was one of the things that made me want to write.
- The Gilmore Guys
- As much as I love Gilmore Girls, I almost love the Gilmore Guys more. They watch episodes of Gilmore Girls and pick them apart and analyze them in the funniest ways. It's a favorite around my office. And, since The Gilmore Guys and most of their guests are screenwriters, It makes me want to do their jobs and write as well.
If watching, listening or reading isn't your thing. Try setting up your space in a way that clams and inspires you.
- Light candles
- Make sure you have plenty of lighting
- Tidy around you. Make sure everything around you is clean, organized and put away. If the full dishwasher is cluttering your mind, put the dishes away. Do all your chores, do all your homework and write when you have the mind space to devote entirely to writing.
I feel like this series was such a creative process for me since it forced me to really sit down and think about what inspires me to write and be creative. I am definitely thinking about another post of things that just inspire me in general and inspire me to be creative in other ways than just writing.