I travel a fair amount. Not too much, maybe twice a year in a normal year. However, I'm hoping that 2017 is going to be a good year for Travel. I love traveling and flying and exploring new places and, honestly, I love spending time on airplanes. I love having that time with nothing else to do. It's like the calm before the storm and then the regrouping after. So, I always make sure to try to use this time productively and get something done. Here's what I bring to make sure my flights are both relaxing and productive...
For this trip I'm using my new bag from Thread Up since it really is so big and sturdy. It's so big I can fit everything into it, including my purse if I don't want to carry two bags.
- Of course, I'll bring my Chromebook which is a computer by Google that only runs Google Chrome in both online and offline mode. It's light weight and only 11 inches long so it's easy to carry and nice to have around for any internet related things, including typing up blog posts or working on my manuscripts on flights
2) Current Journal & Supplies
- I'm a writer. Writers write. Books, Blogs and journals. I write in this at least once a week, if not everyday and I love having these as memories to look back on when I'm older. My entire relationship and most of my high school and college years have been documented in these books. I also tape little things into this book while traveling like plane and bus tickets, movie passes and receipts.
- I like to be "artsy" in my journal and so I carry things like tape, colored pens, stickers and washi tape. I also carry a packet of cute, blank cards, normally from Target just in case we want to give someone a card for whatever reason. You never know when you might forget a birthday or occasion.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the book I'm currently reading. I'm a bit late to the party on this one, mostly because I'm such a huge Harry Potter fan that I want to savor this book and not let it end. I absolutely love it. But, now that I know that the FBAWTFT screenplay has been published I can finish Cursed Child with the knowledge that I have another to go on to.
- The Putt-Putt is a manuscript written by a good friend of mine, Shane Ramey. It's available for sale on Amazon (print & kindle). I'm going to start reading his book once I finish Cursed Child. Congratulations on your first publication!
- Like I mentioned above, my bag is so big it can fit my purse. So, I'm going to just slip in my purse with everything that I normally keep inside of it: Keys, wallet, phone, portable charger, lip balm & a neutral lip coloring, gum, a reusable bag, headphones in a case, and, plenty of tea bags.
5) Cord Bag
- I am a very organized person and I like to keep my cords and chargers in their own bag that way nothing gets lost or tangled with anything else. I don't have a lot of cords this trip. Just my laptop cord, my portable charger cord and my cell phone wall plug. My cell phone cord and my portable charger are going to be in the main bag or my purse.
6) Empty Water Bottle
- Travel Tip: always bring an empty water bottle and fill it up once you get through security. I have a large, blue Contigo bottle that I just picked up at Target today because I left my old one at my parents house during Thanksgiving.
This is, mostly, what I carry in my bag when I travel. The flight I'm taking this time isn't very long, just about 2 hours, but these are all things I'll also be using once I reach my destination. What would you add?